Support for You and Your Patients
Zogenix Central—the heart of an exceptional patient care experience
Zogenix Central is a comprehensive patient service program that offers caregivers personalized support, education, and resources to help them navigate the process of starting and staying on FINTEPLA.
Zogenix Central’s patient-focused model of care offers every family and their healthcare provider their very own Care Coordinator—a nurse trained in Dravet syndrome and FINTEPLA—who will remain constant throughout their entire FINTEPLA treatment journey.
For caregivers: Care Coordinators provide personalized support by:
- Helping navigate the insurance process and determining if the patient is eligible for financial assistance
- Identifying local centers that conduct pediatric echocardiograms, providing reminders and support in scheduling these tests
- Proactively reaching out regarding prescription refills to ensure that there are no missed doses
- Coordinating with the Zogenix Central pharmacy partner, AnovoRx, regarding medication shipments
In addition, caregivers have 24/7/365 access to a dedicated Zogenix Central pharmacy team trained in Dravet syndrome and FINTEPLA.
For healthcare providers: Care Coordinators provide support by:
- Answering questions and providing updates on patients getting started on FINTEPLA
- Facilitating benefits verification, prior authorizations, and appeals
- Dealing with issues and finding solutions to potential obstacles
- Checking that the FINTEPLA REMS requirements are being met, such as by sending echocardiogram reminders
- Providing tools and resources for caregiver education
Hear from a peer about the value Zogenix Central provides for prescribers and patients.
FINTEPLA financial assistance
Zogenix is committed to making FINTEPLA affordable and accessible for patients through a number of financial assistance programs, including
the Zogenix Copay Support Program, the Zogenix Echocardiogram Copay Support Program, and the Zogenix Patient Support Program. To
learn more about these financial assistance programs and their eligibility criteria, call Zogenix Central at 1-888-ZOGENIX (1-888-964-3649).
The Zogenix Patient Support Program may be able to help families and patients who are uninsured get access to FINTEPLA.
The Zogenix Copay Support Program is designed to help families and patients who have commercial health insurance to afford the costs of treatment with FINTEPLA. This may include help with costs associated with copayments, deductibles, and/or coinsurance.
The Zogenix Echocardiogram Copay Support Program is designed to help eligible families who are self insured, or insured by their employer, with the costs associated with echocardiograms, such as copayments, deductibles, and/or coinsurance.
Through the Zogenix Patient Support Program, families can pay as little as $0 copay costs for FINTEPLA and associated echocardiograms. Zogenix is committed that no family will pay any more than $25 in out-of-pocket copays for FINTEPLA. See eligibility* requirements below.
Abbreviated Terms and Conditions
*Patient must have a FINTEPLA prescription from a licensed prescriber, and be a resident of the United States or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, with a valid mailing address (no PO boxes). The Copay Assistance Program is not health insurance and is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed, in whole or in part, by Medicaid, Medicare, or other government healthcare programs. Certain state restrictions may apply. Zogenix reserves the right to change or discontinue this offer without notice. Please see full terms and conditions.
Steps to prescribing FINTEPLA
Once you have become certified to prescribe FINTEPLA by enrolling in the FINTEPLA REMS Program, complete the steps below to start your new patients on FINTEPLA.
Enroll Patient in the fintepla REMS
- Counsel the patient and/or caregiver on the FINTEPLA REMS using the Patient Guide
Download the Patient Guide at FinteplaREMS.com.
- Enroll the patient into the FINTEPLA REMS by completing and submitting the Patient Enrollment Form. Make sure both you and your patient/caregiver sign the form
Complete and submit the Patient Enrollment Form at FinteplaREMS.com.
SUBMIT RX AUTHORIZATION AND REFERRAL FORM
- Provide the first prescription and enroll the patient in Zogenix Central by completing and submitting the Prescription Authorization and Patient Referral Form. Make sure both you and your patient/caregiver sign the form. You may submit subsequent prescriptions via your electronic health record platform
Download the Prescription Authorization and Patient Referral Form.
ASSESS AND SUBMIT Echocardiogram Result
- Order an echocardiogram to assess the patient’s pretreatment cardiovascular status. Make sure to send the Echocardiogram Assessment Backgrounder along with the echocardiogram order Locate an echocardiogram facility near you.
- If the patient is authorized to receive FINTEPLA, complete and submit the Patient Status Form
Complete and submit the Patient Status Form at FinteplaREMS.com.
BEGIN TREATMENT AND MONITOR PATIENT
- Ensure the patient/caregiver understands your instructions for adjusting the dosage based on efficacy and tolerability
- Repeat the echocardiogram every 6 months during treatment to assess the appropriateness of continuing treatment. If the patient discontinues treatment, complete one final echocardiogram 3-6 months after the last dose